A clean spa is a happy spa.
Unlike your bathtub, a hot tub requires specific cleaning methods and chemicals. For starters, we recommend using Leisure Time® or a similar product to clean your spa and prevent buildups that could impact water quality and damage equipment.
For over 30 years, Frank’s and Orca Heating & Refrigeration have been taking care of residents and businesses in CA or OR. Whether it is your spa or heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, you can count on our team being there when you need us.
Spa Maintenance Tips
To get the most enjoyment out of your hot tub (we use the terms spa and hot tub interchangeably), we recommend a few basic tips:
• Completely drain and thoroughly clean your hot tub every three to four months. Doing so will allow you to enjoy all the health and wellness benefits in a pool of hot water that is sparkling clear and refreshing.
• Be sure to test your spa’s water quality regularly. At least once a week, check your spa’s alkalinity, pH, and sanitizer levels. Follow the manufacturer guidelines when applying these chemicals for the best results.
• Clean that filter! Your hot tub filter plays a vital role in protecting your spa against bacteria, cloudy water, mildew, and unpleasant odors. Rinse your filter with the garden hose every time after you use the spa, and then spray with a hot tub filter cleaner every week or so.
• Wipe down the spa cover inside and out at least once a week to prevent mold and mildew.
• Add water as needed to keep the spa filled. If your water level drops too low, the skinner will start sucking in the air rather than water. Always be mindful of the water level.
Still unsure of how to maintain your spa? Call us at Frank’s and Orca Heating & Refrigeration so one of our professionals can walk you through a sound maintenance plan. A spa is very similar to a swimming pool—a little TLC goes a long way.
Is your spa leaking? Does the pump make a strange noise every so often? In some instances, you could probably seal the leak or pinpoint the cause of the noise. But if do-it-yourself repair jobs make you uncomfortable, call us. Our team of repair experts will quickly diagnose and address the issue so that you can get back to enjoying your spa.
At Frank’s and Orca Heating & Refrigeration, we specialize in keeping you and your family comfortable. Whether it is an issue with your spa or HVAC equipment, you can depend on us to be a trusted partner is fixing the problem. We provide reliable, up-front estimates to avoid any surprises. Our professionals will never replace a part unless necessary or if we can demonstrate significant cost-savings to you.
We believe in building lasting relationships with all our customers, one job at a time.
Hot Tub Installation
Where would you like your hot tub? Answer that question and leave the rest to our team! We will install it and have it set up for you to enjoy just as soon as you call us. If we need to tweak the location a bit to get the best results, we can figure it out together. Our goal is to take your comfort to the next level.
A spa is your stress-free sanctuary. Allow our team to take all the stress out of installing it at your CITY home.
Call Your Hot Tub Experts
Here in Crescent City, CA, we want to be sure you are getting the most out of your spa. Whether you are looking to install a new spa system or your current spa needs maintenance or repair, we have got you covered! Call Frank's and Orca Heating & Refrigeration at 707-464-9529 or request service online if you have any questions about maintaining your spa and what products are recommended to keep it running smoothly.